?

Monday, January 31, 2011

Gift Wrap

There are many times when I am too rushed while wrapping gifts, which is so unfortunate.  There are so many fun things you can do with wrapping paper and a few trimmings!

For Christmas each year, I try to pick a color theme and stick to it.  This year (as well as the last few), I went with blue, silver, turquoise and lime, to match the colors that we decorate the house with for the holidays.


While watching the Today Show this year though, I saw a segment on creative wrapping.  The woman who was featured adorned packages with flowers made from cocktail napkins.  So, when my sister-in-law's birthday rolled around, it was the perfect excuse to try out the technique!

I used three different colors for this rosette, each cocktail napkin sized.  I completely unfolded the darkest lengthwise, had the second color about 3/4 of its total length, and then the lightest was left folded in half.  I folded them into a fan, and then tied them in the middle with some wire.  I then unfolded each layer, starting with the middle, until it looked like a flower.


It was fun for the first attempt!

No comments:

Post a Comment