?

Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Finally! A decorated foyer

We have a long, somewhat narrow foyer leading into our condo.  Until recently, a console table and mirror were the sole inhabitants of this somewhat awkward space.

Many of the decorating publications and blogs that I frequent show walls artfully sprinkled with artwork and photography in frames of differing sizes and shapes, such as these:
 courtesy Elle Decor
courtesy Elle Decor

My love of photography, along with my husband and I's love of travel, inspired my interpretation of a random assortment of wall art to fill a space.  Each of these photos (with the exception of the matted one, a gift from our wonderful friends) were taken while traveling - from Nevis to Italy, California to Paris.




After each trip, we will pick a photo that I have taken, print it in black & white, and continue to add to the collection.  For us, it's a constant reminder of our passion for travel, and the wonderful experiences we have had while doing so.

No comments:

Post a Comment