?

Monday, December 27, 2010

liste de désir

I was browsing through Hostess with the Mostess blog today, and I saw an absolutely beautiful holiday tablescape.  It caught my eye not only because of the colors, but because of the display piece.  I love using my buffet for a party presentation (as shown here), and I always welcome new ideas.

Liz Hough Photography via renetakesthecake.com

The biggest standout of this presentation for me though was the stacked cake plates.  My husband doesn't understand my love of servewear, but I cannot help but want beautiful things to serve on (even if I don't cook that often).  I especially love cake plates - I gave a friend of mine the idea to feature the cookies at her wedding on several different sized/shaped cake platters to give the table dimension.

These cake plates are to die for:

$148, laylagrace.com

I have seen similar platters where you insert the ribbon before, but I love how they are sized for stacking.  They are therefore added to my 'liste de désir.'  Since I don't need them (at least not right away), I'll keep an eye out and maybe I can find them at a reduced price!

No comments:

Post a Comment