Luckily, it seems that the gluten free "fad" is growing in intensity, which is really helpful to someone like me who must follow the diet for my overall health, not just weight loss! While I'm finding more and more that is gluten free, there are still foods that are not that I wish were. So, I have started adapting recipes to be gluten free, and to my surprise, it's going quite well. I'll showcase those here when they turn out well.
For this week, however, I want to share an extremely exciting Etsy shop that I just discovered: Sparkles Kitchen. I don't know how many of you are aware of macarons (not macaroons!), the French cookie that lives in my 'top 5 favorite desserts of all time' list.
courtesy Sparkles Kitchen
These little gems have been staples in French dessert for many years and are finally gaining fame in the US... you no longer have to order them from LaDuree! I thought I would never be able to have them again, because if it's a cookie, it must have gluten, right? Not so! I did attempt unsuccessfully to make them a few months ago, and I forgot that the recipe calls for almond flour and not wheat flour. How incredibly exciting!Sparkles Kitchen allows you to choose 4 or 8 flavors, based on the size of order you place. I cannot wait to order mine. My flavors will be: Macha Azuki (green tea with redbean cream), raspberry, bitter caramel, rose, lavender, Madagascar vanilla, pumpkin and 72% dark chocolate. I am so happy I can barely stand it!

No comments:
Post a Comment