I have always loved paper, pictures, etc. As a result, I scrapbooked for a long time. I eventually got bored, but had all of the paper, accessories, adornments and glitters left over. Until that moment walking into Paper Source, these goodies remained dormant. Since I love stationery and the idea of mailing notes so much, I decided to start making it! I started small with a few notes, just to see how they came out. I bought some stamps and patterned cards, and then used some plain paper and jewels I already had.
When Michelle and Pete were planning their wedding, Michelle sent me the draft of her invitations, and their monogram was on them. So, unbeknowndst to her, I had a stamp made with their monogram. I bought some flat cards and decorated them all differently, but each had the same stamp on them. Although some turned out well, I didn't love all of them. But, again, I'm just starting...

My latest endeavor was lining envelopes. My sister just moved to San Diego, and I wanted to give her some new low-key stationery that had her first real address on it! So, I printed her name on flat cards and return addresses on the envelopes. I thought they were a little too plain, so I decided to line the envelopes. It was so easy, and it made all the difference.

Conclusion: I would love to start making stationery on a larger (and better) level, so when I get some time, that will by my new goal! It seems like a great gift-giving idea, doesn't it? (I guess it ties into the monogram post below as well)!
No comments:
Post a Comment