?

Tuesday, June 2, 2009

Dessert Club

So, first real post... here we go!

There is a wonderful group of ladies in Jacksonville that graciously invited me to be a part of their dessert club. The club meets once a month (well, for desserts at least) and the hostess rotates monthly around the group. The only requirement is that you actually serve a "homemade" dessert. Well, and there are always cocktails... though not a requirement:).

My first attempt at hosting dessert club was March, and I decided that my 'theme' (again, not a requirement, but I can't help it) was the colors pink and orange. The main events of my club were homemade white cupcakes with buttercream icing (with a little bit of colored sugar to give them some hue)...


In addition to the cupcakes (in pink and orange, of course), I also made little chocolate chip meltaways covered in colored sugar and some "Kill Devil Punch." The cocktail was a huge hit - and it even turned out pink and orange (without trying)!




Presentation was important to me, and I felt like it was a success! The ladies enjoyed it, and that's really all that matters.

Recipes:

http://www.foodandwine.com/recipes/kill-devil-punch-cocktails-2008

http://www.perfectentertaining.com/page1441.html

WONDERFUL buttercream icing:

http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Quick-and-Almost-Professional-Buttercream-Icing/Detail.aspx

2 comments:

  1. That's awesome! It is SO you! I'm jealous of your dessert club. Yum! Do you guys discuss books or current events or you just drink and eat? lol. Because just drinking and eating and being girly is the best :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's mostly just eating, drinking and being girly. No book discussions, unless you count Twilight, of course. We are all currently obsessed:)

    ReplyDelete